Eating a Rainbow can be delicious.
Here are some combination ideas that get you on your way to eating a rainbow every
- celery and nut butter
- carrot sticks and hummus
- a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds and olive oil
brings your count to 5!
- berry smoothie with chia seeds and cacao powder
- green smoothie with avocado, mango and spinach
- salsa- tomatoes, onion, chile, lime, cilantro, and black pepper
puts the count at 6!
- oatmeal with cinnamon and nutmeg
- roasted sweet potatoes with garlic and thyme
- vegetable minestrone
- veggie stir fry with sesame seeds
Remember to buy organic when you are able, especially for those plants with high pesticide
contamination when grown conventionally.
Become familiar with the Environmental Working Group's Dirty Dozen & Clean 15 list of conventionally grown produce with highest to lowest contamination. Check this out at EWG.org
To learn more about how phytonutrients work, check out my article called, A Rainbow of Phytonutrients.